I am crazy about s’mores, so when saw this idea floating around Pinterest, I whipped out my tiny cast iron skillet to give it a whirl. I believe it’s the perfect way to replicate the campfire treat in your kitchen, all year round.
Put a layer of chocolate chips on the bottom of a cast iron skillet.
Break big marshmallows in half, and place them on top of the chocolate chips.
Heat in a 450 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the marshmallows are a nice shade of brown.
Then dip graham crackers into the deliciousness!
I think from now on, I will always have these three ingredients in my kitchen, for whenever the s’mores urge strikes. :)
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
Yesterday, we sang “Happy Half-Birthday” to our little buddy over half of a chocolate bundt cake topped with green, vanilla frosting. I’m a firm believer in celebrating half birthdays, even though technically I don’t have a half birthday myself (February 31st does not exist). It’s just a fun thing to do. :)
Happy Two-and-a-Half to our:
Max & Ruby-watching,
Chocolate chip pancake-eating,
Brown-eyed big brother,
Friday, March 7, 2014
Life with two kids and a dog is messy.
The week started off with Nolan having a couple of throw-up episodes. He told us that his ear hurt, so we brought him to the pediatrician to see if he had an ear infection. Thankfully, she said that his ears were clear. We rewarded him for a good appointment by taking him to the ice cream shop, which he loved!
Then the dog got sick on Wednesday and wouldn’t eat her food. She had accidents in the house—very loose stool, which has never happened in the 4.5 years we’ve had her. Suffice it to say that one of our rugs is stained, and she has been confined to the kitchen since yesterday morning. We are grateful that she is active and doesn’t appear lethargic, so hopefully she’s on the upswing.
And of course, babies are messy too. I am SO glad that Ephraim hasn’t seemed to catch anyone’s colds or bugs, but there are never-ending diaper explosions and spit ups to clean up.
Steve has been gone a lot more than usual this week, so I am really excited for the weekend! Steve’s brother, Josh, has been home on his last college spring break. Nolan adores his bearded uncle :)
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Each one of these five things has become a very important part of my life these past 5 weeks! I didn’t have these particular items when Nolan was a newborn, so I’m very grateful to have discovered them this time around! They are life-savers :)
1. Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play—These little beds are so comfortable for baby! They are at an incline which is great for babies like Ephraim who spit up a lot. Mama can rock it back and forth easily, and this one comes with a vibrate feature.
2. Summer Infant SwaddleMe blanket—These swaddles are nice and tight because they have velcro to keep the baby’s arms down. I haven’t tried many other swaddle brands, but this one seems to work for us (at least up to this point!)
3. MAM pacifiers—I really love the style and curved design of MAM pacis. I just wish Ephraim could keep them in by himself!
4. Snugli—Ephraim falls asleep within minutes every time I put him in it. And I like the Union Jack design.
5. Kindle Fire—This is obviously not for the newborn, but for the newborn’s mama. :) I love being able to hold the Kindle Fire in one hand while I’m feeding the baby. I can entertain myself in the middle of the night—read blogs, check Facebook, watch Netflix—without having to go downstairs to the TV or computer.
Mamas, do you agree? Are there any essentials that you would add to my list?
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
After Nolan was born, my Aunt Meg and Uncle Brian sent me a necklace with a sweet little charm that has Nolan’s name on it. I’ve worn it all the time these past two and a half years. I was thrilled when they sent me an Ephraim charm last week! Apparently, The Vintage Pearl couldn’t do the same font for Ephraim’s length of name, which I found a little sad, but I love it nonetheless : ) It’s such a sweet thought to wear my sons’ names around my neck.
Thanks for stopping by!