Friday, July 4, 2014

happy fourth of july!!

popcorn cakeThe Fourth of July is one of my very favorite holidays. Several memories pop up in my head from when I was younger: watching bright fireworks in Chicago, laying out on a picnic blanket under the sky with my family. I also remember boarding a pontoon in a boat regatta on Lake Michigan--waving tiny silk flags with my cousins at the shoreline full of people in Door County, Wisconsin. And most recently, I remember the sweet little parade of children at our summer camp, who walk laps outside the dining hall, decked out in red, while, and blue. They paint their faces with stars and stripes, throw candy, and cheer and wave at the crowd of parents who agree that they are the most special people in the world. That's where we are today, in fact. And I hope that this is a tradition Nolan will remember!

I didn't have any Fourth of July decor, or traditional treats until this year. I made this popcorn cake--the same idea as a Rice Krispy treat, but with popcorn pressed into a bundt pan, and sprinkled with red and blue mini M&Ms.

 
I love this "Land of the Free" print I found. It hangs in our living room, where I can be reminded of the privilege it is to live in this country.


These patriotic pinwheels were easy to make!


Completely adorable cupcake wrapper printables with USA outline toppers. 

I really like the chevron, stripes, dots, and geometric patterns!

 
I made a little 5 x 7 print to add to my Fourth decor. Feel free to take it and print it for yourself. Simply right click the image below and save it to your computer.


I hope you have the most wonderful Fourth ever! 
What are some traditions that you look forward to every year?

Follow me on Bloglovin
Find me on Facebook
Instagram: @floralandfudge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...