Monday, July 7, 2014

what’s on my menu


I’m always curious about what other people eat, so I’m excited to participate in the “What’s on your Menu” linkup with Andrea today!

Starting out with breakfast, we love a big slice of Banana Bread  (or as my son calls it, “Go-nana Cake!”) with a cup of Folger’s Hazelnut Coffee :)


My normal breakfast is a Clif Bar in the wee hours of the morning, followed later by a bowl of Quaker Granola with raisins. Another favorite is Quaker Oatmeal Squares with slices of banana mixed in. I drink a cup of Bolthouse’s strawberry banana smoothie for added vitamin C—it’s amazing! Steve’s breakfast is usually a big bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and black coffee. Nolan is a grazer :)

For any of the following recipes, click on either the photo or the link below it:


Oatmeal Bread
 

On Saturdays, and other low-key mornings, we gravitate towards chocolate chip pancakes or Cake Mix Waffles.

We don’t make a big deal about lunch at our house. Typically it could be a bowl of cereal or a ham and cheese bagel sandwich. But here are some other options:


Kid Lunch 


Penguin Sandwiches


Puzzle Sandwiches


We like this Chef Salad on summer days for a low calorie but filling meal. All it needs is lettuce, a hard-boiled egg, strips of ham, chopped up tomato, some crushed saltine crackers, and Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing (or whatever your favorite dressing is). 

Olive Garden Pasta Salad

This Pistachio Jello Salad is great for picnics and potlucks!

I haven’t been the greatest at getting dinner on the table since Ephraim was born. We do simple meals like spaghetti as well as the following staples:


Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese. This takes only a couple minutes to prepare!


French Onion Soup (Applebee’s recipe).


These Chicken Fingers are easy, extremely delicious, and kids LOVE them!

1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into half-inch strips
2/3 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 Tablespoons butter, melted

Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray. Mix Bisquick, parmesan cheese, and salt in a 1 gallon plastic bag. Dip the chicken strips the egg, one at a time, then put them in the bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal the bag and shake it. Then put the chicken on the cookie sheet. Repeat with all of the chicken. Drizzle butter over all of the strips on the tray. Bake about twelve minutes, turning them halfway through.

 
Cranberry Chicken


Spinach Parmesan Sliders—the perfect summer burger!

We are HUGE dessert people. Chocolate in the house is a must! Other than ice cream and hot chocolate, here are some of Steve’s and my favorites:

caramel and chocolate cookies
Caramel and Chocolate Chip Cookies


Oreo Cream Cheese Pudding


Candy Bar Brownie Bites
 
Caramel Puffs

 Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars


Oven S’Mores

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge


Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
 
Ritz Cracker Thin Mints

Thank you so much for taking a look at our favorite foods! See more of my recipes by scrolling down my Pinterest page :)

Follow me on Bloglovin
Find me on Facebook
Instagram: @floralandfudge

4 comments:

  1. Your blog has the best looking desserts around! I am so impressed :) also, I love how you style the kids lunches! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...no I'm starving haha...these all look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chicken nuggets and the ritz cracker thin mints will be attempted at my house very soon! Thanks for sharing.
    http://jasonandmelissakelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even with all these....so YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peanut Butter is my absolute fave! I'll have to try those bars!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...