Thursday, October 9, 2014

friday favorites

F R I D A Y   F A V O R I T E S 

Favorite One: When the afternoon sunshine is perfect for photos of Nolan and Ephraim :)

Favorite Two: “The Hardest Peace”


I started reading this book by Kara Tippetts this week, and I really can’t wait to get into it further. Kara is a mother of four young kids, and she has stage four cancer. Her book is about finding God’s goodness in the midst of life’s hard. I will be giving away a copy next week here on the blog, so look for that.

Favorite Three: Coconut Oil


I am just starting to study the benefits of coconut oil, but it seems that it can do no wrong. The dentist told me last week that my gums have receded pretty badly, so I decided to be proactive and start oil pulling to improve my gum health. Has anyone else tried that?

Favorite Four: Haircut day

 
I have my first haircut since Christmas late this afternoon. My hair has gotten so long and tangly, that I go days without brushing it because it takes too much time and pain! (I even use a Wet Brush.) So it’s definitely time for a trim. I’m excited for a little time alone at the salon! My long hair is so fun when it’s curled and styled. But it does get old when it gets yanked on 100 times a day, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be cutting off. I’ll have to post a photo :)

Favorite Five: These roses


The Bouqs sent me these gorgeous yellow and hot pink roses, and I talked all about them yesterday :)

Favorite six: New baby cousin!


Yesterday would have been my dad’s 57th birthday, and we were thinking about him a lot :)  This is a photo of him and my cousin Kristine when she was a baby in 1981. It turns out that Kristine was induced to have her baby girl (her first baby) yesterday! How special that the baby was born on her great-uncle’s birthday! And she and my dad were both born in Minneapolis :)

Today I’m making a “Raspberry Fudge Mocha Mousse Trifle” for a get-together tonight at church. I haven’t made it before, but doesn’t it sound delicious? I’ll have to post the recipe next week!

Follow me on Instagram—@floralandfudge

Linking up for Friday Favorites with Andrea, Erika, & Narci.

7 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful pictures of your kids playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are gorgeous! And congrats on the new baby cousin. Please let us know how the oil pulling goes, I've heard a little about it and I'm really curious. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your number 5 has melted my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little boys are absolutely adorable!! I have also considered oil pulling to whiten my teeth. I have a crazy skin condition that causes break outs when I try to use whitening products such as crest strips, whitening toothpaste, and the whitening gel from the dentist. Love to hear how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pix of your boys...nothing like perfect lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boys are adorable! I just got my hair trimmed for the time since February a couple of weeks ago. It was definitely much needed! I also bought my first jar of coconut oil this week and am super excited about it. I hoping it will help my skin, am also looking forward to learning about the benefits. I've heard oil pulling is great - I would just dread swishing for 20 minutes! ha! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, those eyes! Your boys are gorgeous! I cut a bunch of length off my hair earlier this year. I was in the same boat you were, and I absolutely love it now. It has definitely taken some time to get adjusted but it's much easier now, I feel like the momma I am, plus it's not getting pulled, yanked, and stuck anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...