Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday Favorites


These weeks are just flying, though I will say on the same hand that March can’t come soon enough! We have had a freezing February, and the mounds of snow make every outing into a big adventure. My cousin and her kids were going to come over this morning (they just moved to our state!), but Nolan got a bout of  food poisoning yesterday, so we have to postpone the playdate. I guess we won’t be returning to our favorite Chinese buffet in the near future. Ephraim has been learning so much this week. I can tell that he understands many words, he is signing for a few things that he wants, and he is getting more daring with walking. I am praying that God will help me to slow down and truly enjoy this stage of motherhood.

On to my FAVORITES:



Last Saturday, we had a very nice, low-key Valentine’s Day. We started off with some cherry flavored heart-shaped donuts and mini donut towers. After breakfast, we took Nolan to Lowe’s “Build and Grow” workshop where he made a little heart-shaped photo holder. MorMor and Papa Don came over to deliver some Valentines—and they brought us heart-shaped Peep s’more kits. :)


On Wednesday, I shared my favorite new shirt—this mint/turquoise tunic with lace bottom. Thank you for your compliments on it. I am so glad I snagged it on GroopDealz!

S'mores Candy Bars

In case you missed it yesterday, I posted a 3-ingredient recipe for S’mores candy bars. They bring back the taste of summer! You may have to get yourself a candy mold. . .
sommar (60)

On Tuesday, I loved sharing one of my favorite stories—Steve's and my love story. This guy has changed my life in a million different ways since I met him almost nine years ago. It was so fun to learn more about my blogging friends’ love stories as well!



Today is the last day to enter my giveaway for “The 5 Love Languages for Men”! You’ll want to snag a copy for your husband.

jpg

I am dreaming about spring, and while I was browsing TheBouqs.com, I fell in love with this floral arrangement called “Sweet N Cuddly” with a succulent right in the center. I should start thinking ahead for what I want to plant in my garden, study up, and maybe start some seeds in the basement!

I had an “Aha” moment about curling my hair recently. It takes a lot of effort to prep, curl, pin, and spray my long locks to make them hold some waves. But I finally feel like I’ve got a grasp on it! To make it even better, I was watching this YouTube channel, and came across some amazing curl advice! “Nay Danger” went to college with me, and a friend suggested I watch some of her hair and makeup videos. This particular one explains that if you curl your hair one day, you can twist it up into a bun at night and be surprised with lasting curls the next day—and the next day! Even for my hair that doesn’t hold onto curl at all, it really works! Check it out.

 

Have a warm and cozy weekend!

Follow me on Instagram @floralandfudge

Linking up for Friday Favorites with Erika, Andrea, & Narci.

Did you remember to sign up for our Spring Cheer Exchange? We’d love to add more friends to our package-sending endeavor!

8 comments:

  1. Your mint and lace shirt is so cute and those s'mores candy bars look yummy! I'm going to pin that to make later!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for spring too!! I feel like a major wimp..I live in Georgia ( so you know it's obviously not that cold here), but it sure is cold to me, lol!! I sure hope sweet Nolan is feeling better. I just started trying to learn some sign language to teach my 11 mo. I did not do well at this with my four year old. The good thing is that the four year old is learning with me and quite well. Thank heavens. Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so ready for warmer weather too- although you've definitely had it way worse in PA! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those donuts.. those flowers. You are adorable and you have the most gorgeous family!

    xo! Katie @ www.runningaragnar.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. those smokes look amazing can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bouquet, love the shirt, and love the donut tower! I am sooo tired of this weather too! I would be happy if we could just make it into the 40's one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the donut towers!! You look precious in that top as well. Hope Nolan is all better

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...