Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Favorites



Good morning! I am grateful that it is Friday, and I am happy that March will be here this weekend!

The boys and I are quite stir crazy (and getting over being sick), so I am hoping this weekend will be more exciting and joyful!



Several months ago, I ordered the NoseFrida “Snotsucker”, and it has been one of the BEST purchases. Nolan is only now learning how to blow his nose, so it’s not just for babies. You just place it up against the nostrils (not all of the way in), and use the red mouthpiece to vacuum out their snot. It works effectively in getting the snot out, and it’s easy to clean. I feel like I’m being proactive in helping the kids get more comfortable. And don’t worry, the snot does not get in your mouth :)
 





On Wednesday, I wrote a “What I Wore” post about my new Firmoo.com glasses! Steve got new glasses this week as well. His eye doctor told him he needed special “prism” reading glasses to help his eyes to focus more easily together. I had never heard of prism glasses before, but I’m glad he has them now for all the computer writing he does!

DSC_5747

Yesterday, I shared these FAVORITE new cookies—Flourless Fudge. They have a smooth, crispy outside—and the middle is rich and moist. I am planning on making them again soon!


Let’s talk TV for a minute. Downton Abbey is one of Steve and my absolute FAVORITES, and we are bummed that the season finale is already on Sunday! The seasons fly by, and then we have to wait ten more months for new episodes. We are pulling for Mary and Tom to get together. It just makes sense, right?! :)

This week, we watched the HBO mini-series John Adams (from 2008, I believe). It was amazing. The intensity of Adams’ love for his country was incredible. And his marriage with Abigail was inspiring. There were three or four scenes we had to fast-forward due to graphic content (think amputation in the 1700s), but the rest of it was so well-done. I now want to plan a trip out east to see Mount Vernon, Monticello, and the Adams’ home!


Today is the last day to sign up for our Spring Cheer Exchange! If you love snail mail, and would like to send someone a box, please e-mail me today! Racheljulia31@gmail.com. Details are here.

If you’ve already signed up, look for an e-mail from me on Monday with your recipient! :)



On Monday, I shared some of my FAVORITES from Target.com. I feel like I always have a tab open to Target. You just can’t beat the free shipping with a Red Card!



Okay, so this is not really a favorite, but I am done with the snow! On the left are the icicles in our upstairs windows. And here is Nolan in my mom’s driveway with snow way taller than him. We need to get some warmer temps so it can melt soon!

What are you up to this weekend?

Follow our family’s adventures on Instagram @floralandfudge

Linking up for Friday Favorites with Erika, Andrea, & Narci.

 

I’m an affiliate for Target.com, so a purchase made through clicking a link in this post could result in a small commission for me. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. OOh, I had not heard of the John Adams miniseries but it totally sounds like something we'd be into. Thanks for mentioning it! And yes, you should totally go visit all the historic homes you mentioned! I grew up in Virginia so I'm not sure if it's just something that's been ingrained in me, but all of those homes are very special and fascinating places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm so intrigued by the John Adams series and I will definitely be trying out those flourless fudge cookies--yummy! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the snow! I can't take it anymore!!!!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donovan and Liam have those construction crane jammies like Nolan! Love your oversized red flannel, too, where did that come from?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking gorgeous as always! Loving those cookies and that scarf! And the Spring Cheer exchange is such a cute idea especially for those with the long brutal winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel! I found your blog through the Friday Favorites link up. Thanks for posting about the fun Spring finds you found on Target.com. It makes me excited for Spring! I am going to have to go on their site this weekend and check out those shoes.

    Megan >> www.meganspotted.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE the John Adams mini series. It is incredibly powerful and just so well done.

    Downton is great too. I was pulling for a Mary/Charles Blake last season but I'm really not a fan of his this season. But man I do love Lady Mary! She is my favorite.

    I never had a nosefrida with a, but it's on my wish list for ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cookies look amazing...I think I am going to give them a try. I love that I found you on Instagram as well. I am going to email you about the spring swap...hope I am not too late!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...