Thursday, February 19, 2015

S’mores Candy Bars

S'mores Candy Bars

I saw these S’mores candy bars on Pinterest long ago, and as a S’mores enthusiast, I knew I had to make them! Unfortunately, the recipe calls for a candy mold—so I saved the Pin for later. When I was buying cupcake wrappers on Amazon for Ephraim’s party, I noticed the same store also carried these chocolate bar candy molds! I added them to my cart, and yesterday was the day to finally give them a try :) Talk about AMAZING! You end up with graham cracker and toasted marshmallow crème sandwiched by two layers of thick chocolate. And the best part is that all of the layers are stuck together—no shifting or oozing. They bring about this wonderful memory of summer while we’re in the midst of zero degree February weather. These s’mores will be gone fast in my house!

This is one of those recipes that could get messy real fast, and it could possibly fail because melting chocolate is not the easiest science. I varied from the recipe a little bit (simplifying it), and mine ended up perfect, so I’ll just tell you what I did. . .

First, I bought this mold from Amazon. It has three candy bars, with twelve sections per bar.

S'mores Candy Bars

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pound chocolate (8 ounces) DIVIDED.
    I sent my husband to the store for “milk” chocolate to mimic classic Hershey’s, but he came home with a darker variety of Baker’s brand chocolate, which is obviously still delicious.
  • Three sheets graham crackers
  • 7 ounce jar of marshmallow fluff
    (I used only about half.)

Directions:

S'mores Candy Bars

Melt 4 ounces of the chocolate in a double boiler, or in small increments in the microwave, careful not to overcook it.

S'mores Candy Bars

Pour the chocolate into the mold, and smooth it out with a spatula.

Let the chocolate harden in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.

S'more Candy Bars

Scoop marshmallow fluff into an oven-safe bowl. Put it in your broiler for 1-2 minutes or until it is slightly browned and toasted. Spread the marshmallow fluff over the hardened chocolate.

S'more Candy Bars

Place sheets of graham cracker over the marshmallow fluff.

S'more Candy Bars

Next, melt the last 4 ounces of chocolate in the double-boiler or the microwave. Pour enough to cover the sheets of graham cracker. It will look super messy, but should turn out just fine!

Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes, or until hardened.

S'more Candy Bars

Flip the mold over, and carefully peel the candy bar out of the mold.

And then pretend like it’s summer, and indulge!!

S'more Candy Bars

See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!

3 comments:

  1. Love these! Now I am thinking up ways to make them in a mini version! Thanks for sharing Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these look amazing!! Hmm would there be a way to avoid the mold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these a joke?! Too good to be true!! Cannot wait to try these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...